How are you today?
– I’m well, a little bit tired of course. I was on the train for 4 hours this morning. I just woke up, packed my things and went.
How is your relationship with your skin?
– Nowadays it’s good! I get pimples, but not a lot. Today I got a small one beside my lip. I love myself and I love my skin. You get the skin you get. I think you are a good role model for others if you think that way about yourself. In my teens I had problems with sebaceous glands and bumps on my cheeks. I disliked it then, but now I see it as a part of me.
Does social media affect your self-image?
– No, because I don't let it affect me. I look the way I look, I am the way I am and I am beautiful. Being on the show Idol gave me better confidence. You get to choose what version of yourself you want to show on TV: The real you or a fake version. In that way it was a good decision to be on TV. It improved both my and Eden's self-esteem. You get to love yourself for who you are.
– Self-esteem can be affected by other things than appearance. If your close friends let you down or question your life choices that can affect your self-esteem. It makes you unsure if you are doing the right thing. It happened to me recently and it was hard. But I know I'm doing the right thing and I have to have a positive attitude.
What would you tell your 15 year old self?
– In high school I had problems with my mental health. I was self-harming and I had eating disorders for several years. I no longer have those issues. Six months ago I found out that I am bipolar. I've been given medication and now my life works much better. I would probably tell my 15 year old self not to worry. Do not care what others think. I think I would have felt much better if I hadn’t cared so much about what others thought about me.
When do you feel the prettiest?
– I always try to feel pretty. But maybe when my partner tells me I look nice. He says it often, so I often feel pretty! I'm not going to hate myself. If anyone hates me it's their problem. No one should ever be allowed to decide how I feel.
What's your skincare routine?
– I don’t think you need expensive skincare products. The important thing is that you use what your skin needs. But everyone is beautiful the way they are. If I get a pimple, I put on a pimple patch. They are so cute that I could use them just because they are pretty. I kind of want to put glitter on them.
What are you the most proud of?
– The fact that I am myself.
What are 3 things that make you happy?
– Eden, my family and my partner.