Name: Mehdi (He/him)
Occupation: Warehouse worker, model.
Zodiac sign: Scorpio
How are you today?
– I’m good. It’s nice to be here.
How is your relationship with your skin?
– I don’t have a very good relationship with my skin. I have had pimples since I was around 15. I've tried all sorts of products, but nothing helps. Right now it's actually good but it differs. Sometimes my skin is clear for a long time and I only get a pimple every now and then. Then all of a sudden I get 20 pimples at a time. But that was a while ago.
Does social media affect your self-image?
– Yes, it affects me. If I see someone on social media with perfect skin, I get jealous. Why can’t I have such skin? Friends also affect me. If a friend has clear skin I sometimes envy them. But it's not something you talk about.
What would you tell your 15 year old self?
– Set goals in life. It's important for your development to have something to work towards. Set a goal and strive for it. And treat your skin well. It will be easier with time if you start taking care of it immediately.
When do you feel your best?
– When I just showered.What are you the most proud of?
– That I came to Sweden and have fought so hard. I came here in 2015 (from Afgahnistan) and really struggled to build a life here, and I want to keep fighting. The first years were difficult, but then it got better. I'm proud of myself for doing it.
What is your skincare routine?
– I don’t follow a certain routine. I wash my face and sometimes I use a serum. If I get a pimple I pop it.
What are 3 things that make you happy?
– Talking to my family and parents, hanging out with friends and playing snooker (pool).